Williamsburg Senior Softball League
Slow-pitch softball for men and women in the Williamsburg area who are 50 and older (men) or 40 and older (women).
WSSL is a daytime league. Games are 9am-noon, Tue & Thu.
The WSSL is now on summer break for six weeks. Games will resume on Aug 16.
Quarterpath field 3 has been reserved on Tue & Thu mornings during the break for informal practices and scrimmages.
A Home Run Derby and Base Running Contest will be held at Kiwanis Park on July 14 at 9am.
Mike Sloan will host a mid-season party at his riverfront home on July 16 at 5pm.
Registration for 2022 is still open.
Check here for updates as the weather or other circumstances might change.
Other League Information
- Players are encouraged to fill out a personal medical information form for use by emergency responders during an incapacitating medical emergency. Place the form in a sealed envelope, write your name on it, and give it to any Board member.
- Our annual membership meeting was held on February 17 at WISC. Those who missed the meeting can view the presentation.
- The 2022 recruiting flyer is available for printing and posting where it will be seen.
- The Virginia Gazette published a nice article about our 2021 All-Star Games in the July 14 edition. Photos and results from the games are available for viewing. During the All-Star Games we collected 338 pounds of food for the Williamsburg House of Mercy. Thanks to all who donated food.
- Congrats to John Antretter for winning our first annual Home Run Derby on July 6. Two players from each team competed.
- Thinking about joining us? Check out this video montage highlighting our 2020 players. Not a frown in the bunch! Also see this video from the 2020 all-star game.
- Here's a brief instructional video on hitting, featuring the GOAT himself, Ted Williams.
2022 Schedule of Events
Please keep our sponsors in mind when deciding where to take your business. Our sponsors' generous support helps make WSSL possible. Click on any logo below to go directly to a sponsor's website.
If you know of a business owner or manager who might be inclined to support the league, we have a letter for prospective sponsors ready for printing. The letter explains the benefits of sponsorship that would accrue to a supporting business.
Friends of WSSL
We also acknowledge the following individuals and organizations who have either provided financial support or served as cooperative suppliers.
WSSL --- Williamsburg Senior Softball League